Grants, Publications, Presentations
- Dr. Sandeep Tripathi, Mayo Clinic Pediatric CERTAIN Development Grant, August 2014
- Dr. Yue Dong, 2015 Mayo Clinic Endowment for Education Research Award for CERTAIN Training, October 2014,
- Dr. Marija Kojicic Vukoja, Laerdal Foundation, April 2015
- Dr. Ognjen Gajic, Eli Lilly and Company Distinguished Scholar in Critical Care Medicine, July 2015
- Dr. Yue Dong, Mayo Clinic Critical Care Research Committee Grant, July 2015
- Dr. Ognjen Gajic, Minnesota Partnership for Biotechnology and Medical Genomics (UMN, Mayo): Translational Product Development Fund, August 2015
- Dr. Ognjen Gajic, 2016 Mayo Clinic Department of Medicine Innovation Award for CME Education, Oct 2015
- Dr. Xuelian Liao, West China Hospital, China. 2017-2018 Clinical Implementation Project, Health and Family Planning Commission of Sichan Province, China, April 2017
- Vukoja M, Riviello E, Gavrilovic S, Adhikari NKJ, Kashyap R, Bhagwanjee S, et al for CERTAIN investigators. A Survey on Critical Care Resources and Practices in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Global Heart. 2014;9(3):337-42.e5.
- Vukoja M, et al for CERTAIN investigators. Checklist for early recognition and treatment of acute illness (CERTAIN): International collaboration to improve critical care practice. Invited manuscript submitted to World Journal of Critical Care Medicine, 2015: 1.
- Erdogan, A., Dong, Y., Chen, X., Schmickl, C., Berrios, R.A.S., Arguello, L.Y.G., Kashyap, R., Kilickaya, O., Pickering, B., Gajic, O. and O’Horo, J.C., 2016. Development and validation of clinical performance assessment in simulated medical emergencies: an observational study. BMC Emergency Medicine, 16(1), pp.1-8.
- Rahul Kashyap, Manuel Hache-Marliere, Srdjan Gavrilovic, and Ognjen Gajic. “Improving outcomes for the critically ill in developing countries: what is next?.” Revista Brasileira de terapia intensiva 27, no. 4 (2015): 312-314.
- Ronaldo Sevilla Berrios, et al. for CERTAIN investigators. Prompting with electronic checklist improves clinician performance in medical emergencies: High fidelity simulation. Manuscript in preparation.
- Amelia Barwise, Lisbeth Garcia-Arguello, Yue Dong, Manasi Hulyalkar, Marija Vukoja, Marcus J. Schultz, Neill K. J. Adhikari, Benjamin Bonneton, Oguz Kilickaya, Rahul Kashyap, Ognjen Gajic and Christopher N. Schmickl
Checklist for Early Recognition and Treatment of Acute Illness (CERTAIN): evolution of a content management system for point-of-care clinical decision support. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. DOI: 10.1186/s12911-016-0367-3 2016
- Manasi Hulyalkar, Stephen J. Gleich, Rahul Kashyap, Amelia Barwise, Harsheen Kaur, Yue Dong, Lei Fan, Srinivas Murthy, Grace M. Arteaga, Sandeep Tripathi Design and α-testing of an electronic rounding tool (CERTAINp) to improve process of care in pediatric intensive care unit. J Clin Monit Comput (2016). doi:10.1007/s10877-016-9946-1
- Vukoja M, et al for CERTAIN investigators. The survey on critical care practice in developing countries. Presented at ATS 2013.
- Ronaldo Sevilla Berrios, et al. Evaluation of clinician performance in the assessment and management of acutely decompensated patients with and without electronic checklist: a simulation study. ESICM LIVES 2014, October 1, 2014
- Aysen Erdogan, Yue Dong, Xiaomei Chen, Christopher Schmickl, Ronaldo Sevilla Berrios, Rahul Kashyap, Ognjen Gajic, John O’Horo, Development and validation of a skill assessment tool for medical emergencies in a simulation center, Critical Care Medicine 42 (12), A1559-A1560
- John O’Horo, Ronaldo Sevilla Berrios, Alice Gallo De Moraes, Mazen O. Al-Qadi, Pramod Guru, Rahul Kashyap, Oguz Kilickaya, Ognjen Gajic. Retrospective use of an electronic checklist at rapid response team activations: a certain study. Critical Care Medicine 42 (12), A1418
- Ronaldo Sevilla Berrios, John O’Horo, Christopher Schmickl, Aysen Erdogan, Xiaomei Chen, Lisbeth Garcia Arguello, Yue Dong, Ognjen Gajic, Prompting with electronic checklist improves clinician performance in medical emergencies: high fidelity simulation study. Critical Care Medicine 42 (12), A1424
- Min, Shao, Rahul Kashyap, Lisbeth Garcia Arguello, Harsheen Kaur, Manasi Hulyalkar, Amelia Barwise, Ognjen Gajic, and Yue Dong. Remote simulation training with certain checklist in 11 countries. Critical care medicine 43, no. 12 (2015): 59.
- Arguello, L. G., Barwise, A., Hulyalkar, M., Kashyap, R., Dong, Y., Gajic, O., & Schmickl, C. (2015). Checklist for early recognition and treatment of acute illness: evolution of content management. Critical Care Medicine, 43(12), 62.
- Hulyalkar, Manasi, Harsheen Kaur, Rahul Kashyap, Amelia Barwise, Yue Dong, Srinivas Murthy, Grace Arteaga, and Sandeep Tripathi. “Design and α-testing of an electronic rounding tool (CERTAINp) to improve process of care in the PICU.” Critical Care Medicine 43, no. 12 (2015): 192-193.
- Brenda Cullinane, Karen Finnerty, Zieta O’Hagan, Emily Naylor, Aidan Sharkey, Shrijit Nair, Ignacio Martin-Loeches. Implementation of CERTAIN at St Jame’s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
- Vukoja M, Gavrilovic S, Matijasevic J, Milic S, Carapic V, Dong Y, Kashyap R, Gajic O. Single-center pilot results from multinational quality improvement project (CERTAIN). Society of Critical Care Medicine 47th Critical Care Congress 2017; 44: 423.
- Coville H, Kashyap R, Suzuki R, Barwise A, Manuel HM, Vukoja M, Gajic O, Dong Y. Challenges of implementing a stepped wedge knowledge delivery intervention in 20 countries. Society of Critical Care Medicine 47th Critical Care Congress 2017; 44: 106.
- Gavrilovic S, Vukoja M, Hache M, Kashyap R, Dong Y, Gajic O. Assessment of clinical criteria for sepsis in low and middle income countries. 37th International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine. Brussels, Belgium; 2017.
- Cooper L, Coville H, Dong Y, Kashyap R, Tripathi S, Murthy S, Arteaga GM. Decreased Mortality Using CERTAINp (Checklist for Early Recognition and Treatment of Acute Illness in Pediatrics) The Democratic Republic of Congo Experience. Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting 2017. San Francisco, CA; 2017.
- Hache-Marliere M, Kashyap R, Dong Y, Gavrilovic S, Vukoja M, Gajic O, Yunen JR. CERTAIN Rounding Model with Software Prompting Improves Patient Rounds and Process of Care in ICU. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2017. p. A1079.
- Pennington K, Dong Y, Wang B, Coville H, Gajic O, Kelm D: Evaluation of TEAM Dynamics Before and After Long Distance, Virtual Simulation Training Utilizing CERTAIN Platform. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2017, 195:A3298.
O. Kilickaya, B. Bonneton, O. Gajic, Structured Approach to Early Recognition and Treatment of Acute Critical Illness, In Annual Update in Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine 2014, Vol. 2014 (2014), pp. 689-703
Checklists in the ICU and the CERTAIN Project. ATS podcast September 2016